171 Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3AZ
Our practice on Mayfield Road is a Veterinary Hospital.
As one of Scotland’s very few such Hospitals, we offer a 24 hour service, 7 days a week with a fully qualified Veterinary Surgeon and a Veterinary Nurse on site.
We are the only private Veterinary practice in Edinburgh to offer this service.
We can offer :-
- Veterinary Consultations from 8.30am – 6pm Mon-Fri & 9am – 12 noon Saturdays
- Braid Vets Health Plan offering packages that save you money and allow you to budget for routine treatments.
- Nurse Clinics by qualified Veterinary Nurses, including Weight Control, Diabetes, Adolescent checks and Senior Health clinics
- Excellent vaccination packages for puppies, kittens & rabbits
- Free six month health checks for our regularly vaccinated pets
- Sterile Operating Theatre – with facilities for routine procedures, soft tissue surgery and complex orthopaedics
- Prep room to prepare your pet for surgery prior to entering the Operating Theatre
- Digital Xray and Colour Doppler Ultrasound for diagnostic imaging
- Endoscope, Bronchoscope and Rigid Scopes for visualising airways, the digestive tract and for retrieving foreign bodies from unusual and awkward locations!
- Dental theatre including ultrasonic scaling and a dental xray unit
- In-house laboratory including blood analysis, urinalysis & microscopy
- A complete range of premium life stage diets for your dog, cat, rabbit and smaller pets
- A stylish range of toys, collars, healthy treats and pet beds
- Emergency care by our own 24-hour emergency service “e-vets” on-site
- Separate wards for dogs, cats, isolation and intensive care. Our Qualified Veterinary Nurses will provide ample pats and cuddles to both day patients and those hospitalised for ongoing care.
- Ample free parking in our own car park
As a Hospital Practice we have regular inspections by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS). This helps us maintain high standards. At Braid Vets we provide our clients and their pets with a caring and professional service – we aim to treat your pets the way we would like our own pets to be treated!
Under the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme our Hospital practice has been awarded the highest “Veterinary Hospital (Tier 3)” status.
For more details of the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme, click on this link.